Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Christmas Party Recipes


Winter Kale and Quinoa Salad




Here is the recipe that I based my Xmas potluck salad on.  I didn't change the dressing part at all.  Instead of walnuts, I used 1/4 cup pan roasted raw sunflower seeds and 1/4 cup pan roasted raw pumpkins seeds.  I used a bit more water than 1/2 cup for the quinoa, probably 2/3-3/4 cups.  I added in finely chopped green and red cabbage although I kept to the same quantity of dressing.  As Marion suggested, blueberries or orange sections would be good.  I didn't put dried cranberries in.  If you have any questions, feel free to ask.  Oh, I massaged the kale after chopping.



Best wishes,



Margaret  






Creamy Black Bean Hummus




1 14 oz can chickpeas or black beans

4 tbsp tahini

4 tbsp olive oil

juice of one lemon (seeds removed)

1 garlic clove crushed or garlic powder

crushed sea salt to taste

black pepper to taste

1/4 tsp cumin ground or paprika

coriander or parsley leaves (optional)



Puree in a food processor until the desired consistency is achieved. The flavor is best when served at room temperature. Serve with nacho chips or pita chips for dipping.



Enjoy!



James

No comments: