Igniters Executive Meeting
Date: Jan 8, 2019
Attending: Yvonne (President), Marvin (VP Education), Ksenija (VP Membership), James (VP PR), Anette (Treasurer), Nandini (Secretary), Chris (Past President
Absent: Mona (Mentoring Coordinator)
2. Past Minutes Approved (Sept 4, 2018)
3. Executive Reports:
President – Yvonne
· Yvonne presented Moments of Truth and gave a speech for implementing recommendations and explaining DCP program to members.
· Action: Send to club. SAA or TM – 2 min warning before meeting starts.
· Action: having greeters at door made members feel welcome. Everyone can help.
VP Education - Marvin
Members continue working on their goals. New members have used “Cheat Sheet to Pathways”. Have found helpful in using Pathways.
· Action: Marvin will send executives Club Success Plan he planned.
· Action: Marvin and Yvonne will discuss DCP and plans for posting online. Yvonne has a written copy of DCP. Will have at the club.
Mentoring Coordinator: Mona – no report sent.
VP Membership - Ksenija
· Current: 23 members
· Action: Working on birthday list. Will send to other executives.
· Action: Membership Campaign Planned (Ksenija and Mona)
VP M and VP PR will discuss and work together on campaign.
VP PR - James
· Will continue posting on blog. Members achievements recognized. Thanked Marvin and Nandini for sending photos and posting on the blog.
· Action: Speechcraft – will be planning for the future. Will look into more details and buying Speechcraft Kit. There will be a fee charged for participants to cover expenses and for the club to raise some funds.
Treasurer - Anette
· 23 members. End of March will be $660. Igniters still need to be cautious in spending.
· Moments of Truth and suggestions sent to members.
· Joint Meeting - Contacted Bob from Miracles to plan join meeting. Waiting for dates.
· Action: Follow up with Bob for dates
4. New Business
· Name Tent Cards – guests (3) and visitor tent cards made for club. Corey is laminating for free.
Action: Contact Margaret if you want a new name tag. She is making in batches.
· New Igniting Spirits Trophy – recognize an inspiring Igniter at each meeting. Stephen donated Trophy.
Criteria: Trophy stays at the club. Once first member honored – that person will pick the person next week. If member absent – TM will choose member to win trophy that week.
· Action: VP ED Marvin will get an engraved plaque for trophy– Igniting Spirits
· Action: VP PR James will post criteria and award info on the blog
· Spring Club Contest
Humorous and International Speech Contest – before Mar. 17/2019
· Action: Yvonne will send info for members to choose date. Likely Mar 5 or Mar 12
Will discuss at Jan. 21 meeting.
Action: Marvin will send info about spring contest along with Jan. 21 agenda. Members absent can send any preferences for dates.
Training of Officers – Jan and Feb 2019
· 2nd training for executive.
· Action: Yvonne will send training dates to executive.
· Action: Executive to tell Yvonne date they will attend training
Membership Growth Workshop – District sponsored
· Action: Yvonne, Ksenija, and James Frail all attending Jan. 12/19.
5. Next Meeting:
Feb 19, 2019
March 19, 2019